Pushed for practice time? Need to make the best use of your rehearsals? We all know that dance practice time is precious, and sometimes there just isn’t enough time to rehearse as much as we want.
Therefore we need to make the most efficient use of the time we do have to practice.
Here are 5 top tips to help you maximise your practice time:
1) Pick your peak energy times – all our body clocks are slightly different, but if you fall into the ‘average’ category of getting up around 7am and going to bed around 11am then you should find your peak energy time for exercise falls around 5pm to 7pm. Use this for practice time where possible.
2) Ensure you warmup & cool down effectively – we know you’re pushed for time but skipping these can cause you body far more serious harm in the long run through injury
3) Schedule practice time in your diary – just as you attend your dance classes, your practice time should be blocked out and adhered to – it might not be in a formal studio setting but it’s just as important as your classes. Don’t leave it to chance. Plan it in and stick to it
4) Set goals for each practice time – count how many practice sessions you have before your dance performance or exam, then look at what you need to accomplish in that time, break it down into manageable chunks and plan these into your practice schedule. You should end up with a Gantt chart or similar workflow telling you what you need to achieve in each session.
5) Repetition, repetition, repetition – purposeful repetition builds neural pathways, making the action automatic (muscle memory). Which allows us to focus on the technique and presentation rather than remembering the steps.
We know there are many more tips, but we also know you’re pushed for time. So try these 5 top tips first and let us know how you get on.
#thedanceguru #learntodance #dancetips
#learntodance #livetodance #socialdance #socialdancing #danceclasses #danceworkshop #danceteacher #lovedance #dancerslife #dancefamily #dancelife
#dancerehearsal #danceperformance #dancepractice #practicedance #practicedaily #danceexam #danceexams #danceschedule